报告主题：DNA G-quadruplexes: Structure, Function, and Potential as Anticancer Drug Target
报告人：Professor Danzhou Yang Martha and Fred Borch Chair in Cancer Therapeutics College of Pharmacy Purdue University
BS, University of Science and Technology of China, 1989
PhD, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Biophysics, 1996
Postdoc, University of Kentucky, Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1996-99
2016-now, Professor, College of Pharmacy, Purdue University.
2012-2016, Professor，University of Arizona.
2001-2012, Assistant Professor-Professor, University of Arizona.
High-field NMR macromolecule structure determination and structure-based rational drug design
G-quadruplex DNA secondary structures and their interactions with small molecule drugs and proteins
anticancer drugs that inhibit transcription factors, topoisomerase I inhibitors
1. Buket Onel, Megan Carver, Guanhui Wu, Daraia Timonina, Salil Kalarn, Marti Larriva, Danzhou Yang “A new G-quadruplex with hairpin loop immediately upstream of the human BCL-2 P1 promoter modulates transcription” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 138 (8), 2563–2570, 2016.
2. Prashansa Agrawal, Clement Lin, Raveendra I. Mathad, Megan Carver, and Danzhou Yang “The Major G-Quadruplex Formed in the Human BCL-2 Proximal Promoter Adopts a Parallel Structure with a 13-nt Loop in K+ Solution” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136 (5), 1750–1753, 2014.
3. Clement Lin, Raveendra I. Mathad, Zhenjiang Zhang, Neil Sidell, Danzhou Yang, “Molecular Recognition of TFF1 Estrogen Response Element by a DNA Bis-intercalating Anticancer Drug XR5944”, Nucleic Acid Research, 42 (9), 6012-6024, 2014.
4. Samantha Kendrick, Hyun-Jin Kang, Mohammad Alam, Manikandadas Madathil, Prashansa Agrawal, Vijay Gokhale, Danzhou Yang, Sidney M. Hecht, and Laurence H Hurley “The Dynamic Character of the BCL2 Promoter i-Motif Provides a Mechanism for Modulation of Gene Expression by Compounds That Bind Selectively to the Alternative DNA Hairpin Structure” J. Am. Chem. Soc., 136, 4161-4171, 2014.
5. Prashansha Agrawal, Emmanuel Hatzakis, Kexiao Guo, Megan Carver, Danzhou Yang, “Solution structure of the major G-quadruplex formed in the human VEGF promoter: Insights into loop interactions of the parallel G-quadruplexes” Nucleic Acid Research, 41(22), 10584-10592, 2013.