陆达理堂



陆达理堂,又译史达理堂,又称科学馆,西院(与东院马丁堂相对),西北区536号,原52号建筑,位于校园中轴线西侧。

陆达理堂,1925年始建,1928年10月19日落成,用款25万元,由美国的陆达理夫人和洛克菲勒基金会共同捐建。路达理堂刚落成就汇聚了来自英国、日本、印度尼西亚爪哇等地的科学家开了一次学术研讨会,《岭南科学学报》专门出了一期特刊,登载这次聚会中的科学论文。

当时岭南大学理学院设于路达理堂,首层为物理学系,二层为化学系,三层为生物学系,四层为植物标本室等,地下室为储藏室。抗日战争时期为保证在敌机空袭时正常上课,地下室改为临时课室。现为中山大学化学与化学工程学院化学系所在地。

路达理堂为四层建筑,另有地下室。总建筑面积3863.00㎡,首层面积870.21㎡。

2000年被广州市城市规划局列入近代、现代优秀建筑体保护名录;2002年8月被广东省文化厅批准列为广东省文物保护单位。



Straight Hall, or Science Hall, West Hall( contrast to East Hall or Martin Hall),now Northwest District 536, originally Building 52,is located to the west of the central axis of the campus.


       Straight Hall was initiated in 1925 and completed on 19 October 1928. The total expense of 250,000 yuan was jointly donated by Mrs. Willard D. Straight from the United States and Rockfeller Foundation. Right after its completion,the hall saw an academic forum attended by scientists from Britain,Japan,Java of Indonesia and other places. A special issue of Lingnan Journal of Science was published with academic papers presented in the forum.


Straight Hall was the location for College of Science of Lingnan University at the time,with the first floor used as Physics Department,the second floor as the Chemistry Department,the third floor as the Biology Department,the fourth floor as hortus siccus,and the basement as repository.During the period of Anti-Japanese War,the basement was temporarily taken as classroom to guarantee the teaching order when air raids were made by the enemy. The hall is now the location for the Department of Chemistry of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering of Sun Yat-sen University.


Straight Hall is four-storey structured with basement.The total construction area is 3863.00㎡,and the first-floor is 870.21㎡.


Straight Hall was included in the list of preservation of Outstanding Pre-modern and Mordern Architectural Clusters by Guangzhou Urban Planning Bureau in 2000,and approved as Guangdong Cultural Relics by Guangdong Provincial Department of Culture in Auguest 2002.